USA: Oakley Assumes Control Of Austrian Distribution
Oakley Inc (NYSE:OO) Monday announced it has assumed direct responsibility for distribution of Oakley products in the Austrian market. Since 1996 Oakley products have been distributed in Austria by Wulf Sport GmbH (Wulf Sport). As part of this transfer of responsibility, Wulf Sport will continue to distribute Oakley products in the eastern European markets including Poland, Romania, Bulgaria and Croatia. Additionally, to better serve the Germanic markets, the company has opened a new office known as Oakley GmbH in Munich, Germany. "Wulf Sport has been an excellent partner in establishing the Oakley brand in Austria and will continue to be a powerful representative for our brand in Eastern Europe. Both of our direct European offices, Oakley UK and Oakley Europe (Paris), have put forth tremendous efforts in building our brand in Europe," said Link Newcomb, Oakley's chief operating officer. "Opening Oakley GmbH allows us to further cultivate demand, deliver customized, targeted service and focus specific sales and marketing efforts within the large and influential markets of Germany and Austria. This effort becomes increasingly important as we expand the brand into additional product categories such as footwear, prescription eyewear and apparel." Over the past several years, Oakley has strengthened its position as a world brand by establishing direct distribution operations in continental Europe, United Kingdom, Japan, Canada, South Africa, Mexico, New Zealand and Australia. Combined, Oakley's direct international operations currently account for approximately 85 percent of its non-US net sales. In other parts of the world, Oakley products are sold through selected distributors with local expertise. Financial terms of the arrangement were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Next books first FY profit fall in eight years
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing