USA: Oakley Inc Adds Abbott L Brown To Board Of Directors
Oakley Inc. (NYSE:OO) has appointed Abbott L Brown, 56, to its board of directors. Brown is chairman and chief executive officer of Ridgestone Corp, a private equity firm that takes active, participatory roles in the companies in which it invests. "Abbott Brown adds a wealth of experience and business acumen to our board at a time when we are striving toward aggressive growth targets," commented Oakley chairman and chief executive officer Jim Jannard. "We look forward to his valuable contributions and outstanding financial counsel." Prior to joining Ridgestone, Brown was a co-founder, executive and board member for Global Crossing Ltd, a global data and voice telecommunications company, from its inception in 1997 to 2000. From 1994-1998, he served as managing director and chief financial officer for Pacific Capital Group, a private merchant bank with investment activity in telecommunications, cable, health care and real estate. Earlier in his career, Brown served as executive vice president, chief financial officer and board member at Sony Pictures Entertainment, a subsidiary of Sony Corp. (NYSE:SNE - news). Prior to Sony, he served as managing partner for Price Waterhouse's Southern California operations and worked with distinguished clients including The Walt Disney Co, Lear Siegler, Carter Hawley Hale Stores and City National Bank.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020