USA: Oakley Inc Adds Abbott L Brown To Board Of Directors
Oakley Inc. (NYSE:OO) has appointed Abbott L Brown, 56, to its board of directors. Brown is chairman and chief executive officer of Ridgestone Corp, a private equity firm that takes active, participatory roles in the companies in which it invests. "Abbott Brown adds a wealth of experience and business acumen to our board at a time when we are striving toward aggressive growth targets," commented Oakley chairman and chief executive officer Jim Jannard. "We look forward to his valuable contributions and outstanding financial counsel." Prior to joining Ridgestone, Brown was a co-founder, executive and board member for Global Crossing Ltd, a global data and voice telecommunications company, from its inception in 1997 to 2000. From 1994-1998, he served as managing director and chief financial officer for Pacific Capital Group, a private merchant bank with investment activity in telecommunications, cable, health care and real estate. Earlier in his career, Brown served as executive vice president, chief financial officer and board member at Sony Pictures Entertainment, a subsidiary of Sony Corp. (NYSE:SNE - news). Prior to Sony, he served as managing partner for Price Waterhouse's Southern California operations and worked with distinguished clients including The Walt Disney Co, Lear Siegler, Carter Hawley Hale Stores and City National Bank.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022