USA: Oakley Releases Eye Jacket 2.0 - Latest Addition to Jacket Family
Oakley Inc. (NYSE:OO) Wednesday announced the release of Eye Jacket(R) 2.0, a new style in addition to the company's existing premier Eye Jacket(R) design.The performance eyewear features Oakley's first flush-mounted lens orbitals inspired by the crystal of the company's Time Bomb(TM) wristwatch. Segmented earstems were inspired by the wristwatch's band links."It raises the bar on the current Eye Jacket design to a new level. We took the logically offset geometry of our original Eye Jacket and raised the lens to the frame surface. This process required us to invent technologies such as Computer Numeric Controlled edging to achieve an exact fit between the lens and frame," said Oakley President, Colin Baden. "Only with that degree of critical accuracy were we able to maintain the level of optical performance synonymous with the brand, and at the same time, achieve a durable mount with lens retention that ensures high standards of impact protection."Working in the digital realm of computer aided design, Oakley created fully detailed prototypes by bombarding a tank of crystalline fluid with laser light. Eye Jacket 2.0 required a wide array of proprietary technologies, and production materials were chosen to maximize durability and performance. Oakley's patented XYZ Optics(R) allows the lenses of Eye Jacket 2.0 to virtually eradicate distortion from the entire field of vision.The frame's O Matter(R) material is formulated for low weight and high strength. Eye Jacket 2.0 is fitted with Plutonite(R) lenses to provide unsurpassed impact protection while blocking 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light. The wrapped, raked-back architecture of the frame enhances peripheral protection against sun, wind and side impact. Product shots of Eye Jacket 2.0 are available online at www.oakley.com. The new release is available in the following frame/lens combinations and suggested retail prices:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Steve Madden, Target Corp
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022