USA: Oakley Releases Fall 2000 Footwear Collection
Seven New Models Blend Technical Performance with Aggressive Styling Oakley, Inc. (NYSE:OO) today announced the upcoming release of its fall 2000 footwear collection. Seven new models are scheduled to arrive at leading worldwide retailers in early June, including Athlete's Foot, Finish Line, Foot Locker, R.E.I., Sport Chek (Canada), City Beach (Australia), Olympia Sports (France) and EuroPalace-Matchpoint (Spain). "Skeptics have always told me to never compete against established industry leaders," said Oakley's Chief Executive Officer Jim Jannard. "They said it when we reinvented sports goggles. They said it when we started from scratch with performance eyewear. And each time, the doubters were silenced when our business model achieved market leadership." "Our first shoe combined ballistic Kevlar with race tire technology. It looked like nothing you'd ever seen because it performed like nothing you'd ever worn," continued Jannard. "For 25 years Oakley has maintained its devotion to authenticity, uncompromised standards, and passion for innovation. We pooled our resources and talent into reinventing the concept of performance footwear. The legacy continues." "Oakley utilizes CAD/CAM engineering for product development, including a machine that fires lasers into an acrylic bath to create fully rendered, three-dimensional prototypes. Our technologies allow us to engineer every component from scratch," Jannard concluded. "Reinventing the product means reinventing the process. That frees us to explore technologies, and when necessary, invent new ones. At Oakley, we don't design ideas to fit machines. We design machines to fit ideas."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022