USA: Oakley Releases Fall 2000 Footwear Collection
Seven New Models Blend Technical Performance with Aggressive Styling Oakley, Inc. (NYSE:OO) today announced the upcoming release of its fall 2000 footwear collection. Seven new models are scheduled to arrive at leading worldwide retailers in early June, including Athlete's Foot, Finish Line, Foot Locker, R.E.I., Sport Chek (Canada), City Beach (Australia), Olympia Sports (France) and EuroPalace-Matchpoint (Spain). "Skeptics have always told me to never compete against established industry leaders," said Oakley's Chief Executive Officer Jim Jannard. "They said it when we reinvented sports goggles. They said it when we started from scratch with performance eyewear. And each time, the doubters were silenced when our business model achieved market leadership." "Our first shoe combined ballistic Kevlar with race tire technology. It looked like nothing you'd ever seen because it performed like nothing you'd ever worn," continued Jannard. "For 25 years Oakley has maintained its devotion to authenticity, uncompromised standards, and passion for innovation. We pooled our resources and talent into reinventing the concept of performance footwear. The legacy continues." "Oakley utilizes CAD/CAM engineering for product development, including a machine that fires lasers into an acrylic bath to create fully rendered, three-dimensional prototypes. Our technologies allow us to engineer every component from scratch," Jannard concluded. "Reinventing the product means reinventing the process. That frees us to explore technologies, and when necessary, invent new ones. At Oakley, we don't design ideas to fit machines. We design machines to fit ideas."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report