USA: Oakley Sets Up A Brazilian Subsidiary
Footwear, apparel, accessories, watches and eyewear brand Oakley Inc has established a new Brazilian subsidiary, Oakley Brazil - its eleventh international location and first in South America. "Establishing Oakley Brazil will give us a foothold in one of the largest and most important surf-centric countries in South America. With a population in excess of 170 million and more than 4,600 miles of coastline, our presence in this new direct market should enable us to further cultivate demand, deliver customised, targeted service and focus specific sales and marketing efforts on all of our product categories," commented Link Newcomb, Oakley's chief operating officer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective