SWITZERLAND: Oerlikon mulls more buys after Saurer
Technology firm OC Oerlikon is considering further acquisitions following the purchase of textile solutions and transmission systems company Saurer.
CEO Thomas Limberger told Swiss biweekly Finanz und Wirtschaft: "Thanks to our structure, it is possible to carry out further acquisitions and integrate Saurer in parallel."
Oerlikon aims to fully integrate Saurer within 12 months.
The European Commission last week cleared Oerlikon's acquisition of Saurer, saying it would not significantly impede competition in the European Economic Area (EEA) or any substantial part of it.
The European Commission on Wednesday (16 May) cleared the EUR1.6bn (US$2.12bn) acquisition of French clothing retailer Camaieu SA by UK private equity firm Cinven Limited....
The European Commission has re-launched a bid to split the amount of European Union (EU) subsidies paid to EU cotton producers from the volume of cotton sent to market....
Luxury goods firm PPR could take a step closer to buying sportswear group Puma next month if the European Commission clears its EUR5.3bn (US$7.17bn) acquisition....
The European Parliament is preparing for a vote in late May on banning all products containing cat or dog fur throughout the 27 member countries of the European Union (EU), scrapping a large loophole ...
UK footwear retailer Stylo has reported a full-year loss of GBP7.0m (US$13.93m), compared to a loss of GBP2.4m last year, with unseasonal weather taking a large slice of the blame....
The European Commission has revealed the seizure of many thousands of items of counterfeit clothing and accessories in a coordinated February customs swoop on illicit cargoes in European Union (EU) in...
The President of France's Union des Industries du Textiles (UIT), Lucien Deveaux, has called for quotas on Chinese imports into the EU to be prolonged until end-2008 in line with agreements between th...
A bid by a South Korea fibre exporter to have low melt polyester staple fibres (LMP) excluded from existing European Union (EU) anti-dumping duties on synthetic polyester staple fibres (PSF) has been ...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack