SOUTH AFRICA: Offers Help To Vietnam's US Exporters
South Africa's ambassador to Thailand has advised Vietnam to sell its garment and textile products to the US via South Africa instead of directly. Buyi Maureen Pheto told HCMC chairman Le Thanh Hai that the industry would would boost sales and profits if it took this route because garment and textile products from South Africa are exempt from import tariffs and quotas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again