UK: Officer's Club To Double Stores To 300
The nine-year-old company also expects its turnover to double to £90m by August.
The company said it sourced clothes in the Far East from the same manufacturers that make products for top designer names but sells them for about half the price charged at other stores. "People are looking for value for money, " said Mr Charlton.
"There was a time when you could walk into Marks & Spencer and be confident of getting value for money but they increased their margins so much that people lost that confidence," he added.
Managing director David Glazebrook said: "The bigger we grow the better we do. It's easier for us to generate savings, which we pass on to customers. We've maintained margins and cut prices by 20 per cent on last year."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
What is fast fashion and is it really any different to supply chain management or quick response? This article is an edited version of an interview given by retail consultant Malcolm Newbery to Dr Liz...
After a couple of months' intensive lobbying and mind-changing in Beijing, Washington and Brussels, we're pretty close to seeing what the regulatory background is going to be for global apparel tradin...
The term 'wearable electronics' refers to the reliable, robust implementation of microelectronic circuits into innovative textiles or garments ('smart clothes') in a way that is suitable for everyday ...
Speakers at this year's ASBCI conference defined the changing landscape of global sourcing and spelt out sourcing options in new world of open trading. They agreed that branding, product differentiati...
The UK middle market in clothing could soon cease to exist according to new research. The traditional mass market is being squeezed by value-led retailers on the one hand and smaller fashion multiples...
High street retailer Marks & Spencer has been named the 'Consumers' Favourite Retailer' for the second consecutive year, beating non-clothing retailers such as HMV, Woolworths and B&Q....
Retail group Arcadia said it will upgrade its e-commerce platform with a five-year IBM contract....
High-street mogul Philip Green has given himself a record dividend of £1.2 billion after his fashion group Arcadia reported a modest increase in annual profits....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar