UK: Officers Club Website Slated For January Launch
Officers Club, the menswear discounter, will take its first cautious steps on to the world wide web with an information-only site, due to launch January 2001.The retailer, which operates 146 stores, will have a built in transactional cabability but will the facility will not be introduced until the clothes market is more mature.David Charlton, managing director, said that he was concerned by the level of returns and the profitability of selling online.He added that the site will include information on store location, key styles and the company. It would include competitions designed to compile details of potential customers, who would then receive emailed vouchers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022