UK: Officers Club Website Slated For January Launch
Officers Club, the menswear discounter, will take its first cautious steps on to the world wide web with an information-only site, due to launch January 2001.The retailer, which operates 146 stores, will have a built in transactional cabability but will the facility will not be introduced until the clothes market is more mature.David Charlton, managing director, said that he was concerned by the level of returns and the profitability of selling online.He added that the site will include information on store location, key styles and the company. It would include competitions designed to compile details of potential customers, who would then receive emailed vouchers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores