VENEZUELA: Officials Battle To Stamp Out Shoe Fraud
Hector Vasquez, president of sports company, Nike Inc's local subsidiary, claims 75 per cent of all shoes entering the country do so illegally.
He is quoted in the local press, El Nacional, saying that illegal imitations make up about 60 per cent of the country's shoe market.
Customs agency association officials estimate that revenue lost to corruption in the first three months of the year alone totalled about $1.2 billion.
Earlier this month, customs department chief, Jose Vielma, quit his job claiming he was not getting enough help to stamp out corruption.
Companies: Nike Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
The University of Colorado has agreed to extend its apparel agreement with sportswear giant Nike Inc by ten years....
Sportswear giant adidas has clinched a long-term partnership deal with tennis superstar Andre Agassi, who previously held a contract with archrival Nike....
Independent music label Dischord Records has forced sportswear giant Nike Inc to apologise for unlawfully using artwork from a punk-rock record cover in a promotional campaign for skateboarding appar...
Nike Inc, the world's biggest athletic-shoe maker, said fourth-quarter earnings rose 15 percent, encouraged by sales of high- priced Air Jordan and Shox sneakers....
Shoe chain Payless ShoeSource Inc has secured Matthew Rubel, a former executive of sportswear giant Nike Inc, as its new chief executive officer from July onwards....
Men's and women's apparel company Perry Ellis International Inc has named Al Derago senior vice president of the Nike swim division, effective today....
Sportswear giant Nike Inc has warned football club Manchester United that it may pull out of their £303 million sponsorship deal if the club doesn't improve its performance....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- Finding value in fashion retail reverse logistics
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective