US: Officials seize more than US$6m worth of fake fashion
Citing a federal complaint filed by US Attorney Michael J Garcia, the report said four people were arrested in connection with the foreign-made counterfeits.
The apparel industry "is increasingly threatened by counterfeiters who sell fake trademarked goods to sometimes unwitting customers," Garcia said in a statement.
Other pirated trademarks included Route 66, Baby Phat, Pepe and Rocawear.
Some jeans that would have cost about $300 had they been original were retailing for as little as $60.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The clothing market in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is experiencing stellar growth on the back of rising consumer spending, a surge in tourists, and 145% growth in retail space as new malls and shop...
Sri Lanka's two largest textile and apparel companies - MAS Holdings and Brandix Lanka - are in the process of setting up textile and apparel parks in India. The moves are part of a long-term strategy...
Sales at UK retailer JJB Sports have taken an expected dip due to the absence of World Cup merchandising this year....
US sportswear giant Nike Inc has pledged to improve conditions for the 800,000 workers who make the company's products by eliminating excessive overtime in Nike brand contract factories by 2011....
Genesco Thursday (31 May) rejected a sweetened takeover offer from Foot Locker but said it would pursue strategic alternatives, including a possible sale....
Sportswear giant Nike has, for the first time, shared the company's factory auditing tools in its corporate responsibility report....
George Pita has resigned as chief financial officer of Perry Ellis International, effective 18 June....
A weak performance in its US businesses has led to a 71% slump in first quarter profit at athletic footwear retailer Foot Locker Inc....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022