UK: OFT Carries Out Price Fix Raids
A number of big name sportswear retailers and manufacturers have been raided by the UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT). The raids took place as part of an investigation into price fixing of replica football kits. Companies targeted included Nike, JJB Sports, and Umbro. The OFT said that no assumptions should be made at this stage, as decisions on whether competition law has been infringed cannot be made until they are in full possession of the facts.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth