ITALY: Olcese To Shut Plants, Axe 256 Jobs
Yarn and fabric maker Olcese SpA is to shut its plant in Trieste, Longarone and Conegliano with the loss of 256 jobs.
There will also be job losses at its plant in Sondrio, but the factory in Cogno will continue to operate.
Olcese reported a loss of €19.2 million in 2003. The company's turnover fell to €79.2m in 2003 from €126.4m in 2002.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- World cotton price prospects lifted again