USA: On-Line Fabric Development Product Launched
A collaborative web based solution that manages the fabric development and approval process between all trading partners in the supply chain has been introduced by Ai. AiFabric is integrated into the company's recently introduced AiFashionStudio, and enables specifications to be viewed by all trading partners. Fabric standards, tests and conformance can be created and managed; and new fabrics viewed and older fabrics catalogued. There is a multilevel search on fabric types, construction and standards; and it is possible to track versions, edits, changes and issues related to fabrics by time, date and user stamping. Statistical analysis including fabric finishes by merchandising, group and season can also be reported."AiFabric is an easy-to-use, quick to implement, flexible business application designed to provide textile companies with the ability to actively participate in the product development process with their customers, then to track the placement and production of that fabric through to the factory," said Jack Bullock, Ai's CEO. AiFabric is a commercial release of a prototype built by Ai for Levi Strauss & Company and its top domestic suppliers in 1996. "We are able to realize tremendous savings using the system by simply being very clear up front on what the requirements are," said Paul Mailman, VP of product development at Swift Denim."We compete in a very difficult market by having the best product in our category and offering the best customer service. We see AiFabric as a way to offer all of our customers the same great technical service we offer Levi Strauss & Company."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report