USA: Online Data Systems Selects SEAGULL
SEAGULL, a provider of e-business enabling software technology, announced today that Online Data Systems, a provider of application software for the apparel industry, has deployed an enhanced version of its E-pparel 2000 software using SEAGULL's J Walk technology. E-pparel 2000 enables ODS to deliver critical business functions, including order processing, payroll data collection, raw material purchasing and vendor-managed inventory, in an intuitive web-enabled user interface. The J Walk-enhanced E-pparel 2000 will be demonstrated this week at the 2000 Atlanta Bobbin Show, booth 3638."After evaluating several offerings, we chose J Walk for its ease-of-use and fast integration," said Gene Bonnett, CEO of Online Data Systems. "By standardizing the entire product using J Walk, we were able to better meet user requirements, as well as build in new functionality like navigation tools and integration with product images.""The enhanced software from ODS will greatly improve efficiency and reduce training time for our employees," said John Semblewskie, director of MIS for Gloria Vanderbilt. "We are working closely with ODS to implement the new software as soon as possible."ODS completed development of the entire E-pparel 2000 application in just over 6 months, including modules for order processing, inventory management, manufacturing, and complete financials. The enhanced system is also web-deployable so that ODS customers can provide access for remote personnel via a browser."Companies like ODS clearly illustrate the benefits of web-enabling host systems with SEAGULL technology," said Kim Addington, senior vice president of marketing for SEAGULL, "With nearly 95 per cent of all apparel manufacturers located in a variety of overseas locations, implementing a web-enabled application with real-time access provides measurable business benefits for ODS customers in the apparel industry."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Carter's, Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022