CHINA: Online deal signed for Topshop and Miss Selfridge
The agreement with ShangPin.com will see the Topshop and Miss Selfridge brands launch on the group's new platform from September. The deal represents Arcadia's first online partner in China.
The new 'styling & social marketing platform' on which the brands will launch is a value added service offered to brands, ShangPin said.
Around 1,000 looks will be styled on the site per month using all brands. These can then be shared across all Chinese social media including Weibo, WeChat, and QQ.
Claire Chung, VP of international business development said: "We launched our mobile app last year and have already seen 40% of sales transacted on mobile. This is the digital savvy new generation all brands must target for their next 20 years of growth along with the rise of the 'fashion aware' middle class in China. It is an exciting moment for fashion in China."
Sir Philip Green added: "We decided to partner with ShangPin in China because they demonstrated to us their capacity to operate brands and understand marketing and brand building. As we continue to grow our global expansion, this will be a step forward using the power of China's online reach and therefore selling into one of the world's most exciting consumer markets."
It is early days when it comes to measuring reshoring in the clothing and textile sector, the return of production to mature markets from the Asian outsourcers who have dominated supply for the past d...
Introduction Womenswear in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018......
The trend towards the dual sourcing of garments has accelerated since the middle of the last decade....
Introduction Menswear in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018).......
Apparel Retail in United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: fabrics for performance apparel; flame resistant (FR) protective apparel; insulation products; protective apparel; sportswear; wearable ...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial re...
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024