CHINA: Online deal signed for Topshop and Miss Selfridge
The agreement with ShangPin.com will see the Topshop and Miss Selfridge brands launch on the group's new platform from September. The deal represents Arcadia's first online partner in China.
The new 'styling & social marketing platform' on which the brands will launch is a value added service offered to brands, ShangPin said.
Around 1,000 looks will be styled on the site per month using all brands. These can then be shared across all Chinese social media including Weibo, WeChat, and QQ.
Claire Chung, VP of international business development said: "We launched our mobile app last year and have already seen 40% of sales transacted on mobile. This is the digital savvy new generation all brands must target for their next 20 years of growth along with the rise of the 'fashion aware' middle class in China. It is an exciting moment for fashion in China."
Sir Philip Green added: "We decided to partner with ShangPin in China because they demonstrated to us their capacity to operate brands and understand marketing and brand building. As we continue to grow our global expansion, this will be a step forward using the power of China's online reach and therefore selling into one of the world's most exciting consumer markets."
It is early days when it comes to measuring reshoring in the clothing and textile sector, the return of production to mature markets from the Asian outsourcers who have dominated supply for the past d...
Apparel Retail in United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profil...
The trend towards the dual sourcing of garments has accelerated since the middle of the last decade....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the global apparel industry in the following categories: corporate social responsibility (CSR); financial re...
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- North Face has holistic view on harmful chemicals
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Columbia Sportswear, Rocky Brands
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ananta Group hits back at Bangladesh union claims
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020