US: Online hazard assessment programme launched
A new online chemical analysis programme for textile manufacturers promises to provide hazard and risk assessment without revealing sensitive trade secrets.
T-Chip – the Textile Chemical Information Profile programme – launches on 22 January, and works by manufacturers confidentially submitting information about their commercial textile chemical products through an online portal at www.T-ChIPTicket.com.
The programme uses human and environmental toxicological data to conduct an ingredient-level hazard and risk assessment, providing the manufacturer with a summary of the hazard/risk profile.
The developers of T-Chip said they were responding to sustainability-minded brands and retailers, who are increasingly demanding hazard information for a product’s individual ingredients.
They added that T-Chip can conduct a broader risk assessment based on supplied information about operating procedures in areas including water, air and waste treatment, materials handling and employee training.
The programme, they said, then benchmarks these procedures against the industry’s standard practices and assesses the manufacturer’s risk.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts