JAPAN: Onward Kashiyama Unveils Luxury Fashion Brand
Leading apparel wholesaler Onward Kashiyama Co on Thursday revealed plans to develop its own brand of women's wear through an Italian wholly-owned subsidiary for sale around the world in 2003.
The company said its Italian subsidiary Gibo Co SpA will produce the new luxury Gibo fashion label for next year's Spring/Summer collections in Europe and the US, and for Fall/Winter in Japan.
It is targeting sales of $20.5 million for fiscal 2005 and sees the new line selling in more than 200 stores around the world.
Gibo was bought by Onward 12 years ago and produces apparel under licence for leading labels such as Donna Karan and Paul Smith.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022