US: Oracle updates Category Management application
Business software provider Oracle has updated its Category Management application, which is aimed at helping retailers improve sales by creating assortments, pricing and promotions tailored to specific customer segments.
The new release uses a combination of industry best practices and multiple data sources, including market data and a retailer's own data. It also claims to reduce implementation time and cost by speeding the integration of data from third-party sources.
"Oracle Retail Category Management provides retailers with a significant step forward in creating a better customer experience through targeted product offerings," said Oracle SVP and general manager Mike Webster.
"The solution helps to define, speed up and improve the category management process and enables managers to leverage better insight to create category winners and drive performance."
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- Inditex renews global trade union agreement
- UK apparel market realising real benefits of RFID