US: Oracle updates Category Management application
Business software provider Oracle has updated its Category Management application, which is aimed at helping retailers improve sales by creating assortments, pricing and promotions tailored to specific customer segments.
The new release uses a combination of industry best practices and multiple data sources, including market data and a retailer's own data. It also claims to reduce implementation time and cost by speeding the integration of data from third-party sources.
"Oracle Retail Category Management provides retailers with a significant step forward in creating a better customer experience through targeted product offerings," said Oracle SVP and general manager Mike Webster.
"The solution helps to define, speed up and improve the category management process and enables managers to leverage better insight to create category winners and drive performance."
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Apparel manufacturing leads US reshoring trend
- Triumph recalls 22,000 bras for underwire fault
- Shanghai Challenge buys stake in Masood Textile