US: Oracle updates trade and transportation tools
Business software provider Oracle has released new versions of its Transportation Management and Global Trade Management tools to help shippers and logistics services providers streamline and enhance their processes.
The company said Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 introduce a "broad set of market driven enhancements and new products that extend support for global transportation and trade compliance and customs processes".
The new releases include transportation and global trade management capabilities, including enhanced fleet management, transportation sourcing, transportation business intelligence, transportation planning, rail transportation, workflow and event management, freight payment, billing and claims, document management and customs management.
The new software also supports key business processses, such as the freight tender process, order/shipment visbility, event management and access to transportation business intelligence on mobile devices.
The company said the new releases can help support business growth and market expansion by reducing transportation costs, increasing operational efficiency, improving customer service, decreasing supply chain lead times and mitigating supply chain/trade compliance risk.
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024