US: Oracle updates trade and transportation tools
Business software provider Oracle has released new versions of its Transportation Management and Global Trade Management tools to help shippers and logistics services providers streamline and enhance their processes.
The company said Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 introduce a "broad set of market driven enhancements and new products that extend support for global transportation and trade compliance and customs processes".
The new releases include transportation and global trade management capabilities, including enhanced fleet management, transportation sourcing, transportation business intelligence, transportation planning, rail transportation, workflow and event management, freight payment, billing and claims, document management and customs management.
The new software also supports key business processses, such as the freight tender process, order/shipment visbility, event management and access to transportation business intelligence on mobile devices.
The company said the new releases can help support business growth and market expansion by reducing transportation costs, increasing operational efficiency, improving customer service, decreasing supply chain lead times and mitigating supply chain/trade compliance risk.
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015