US: Oracle updates trade and transportation tools
Business software provider Oracle has released new versions of its Transportation Management and Global Trade Management tools to help shippers and logistics services providers streamline and enhance their processes.
The company said Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 introduce a "broad set of market driven enhancements and new products that extend support for global transportation and trade compliance and customs processes".
The new releases include transportation and global trade management capabilities, including enhanced fleet management, transportation sourcing, transportation business intelligence, transportation planning, rail transportation, workflow and event management, freight payment, billing and claims, document management and customs management.
The new software also supports key business processses, such as the freight tender process, order/shipment visbility, event management and access to transportation business intelligence on mobile devices.
The company said the new releases can help support business growth and market expansion by reducing transportation costs, increasing operational efficiency, improving customer service, decreasing supply chain lead times and mitigating supply chain/trade compliance risk.
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase