US: Oracle updates trade and transportation tools
Business software provider Oracle has released new versions of its Transportation Management and Global Trade Management tools to help shippers and logistics services providers streamline and enhance their processes.
The company said Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 introduce a "broad set of market driven enhancements and new products that extend support for global transportation and trade compliance and customs processes".
The new releases include transportation and global trade management capabilities, including enhanced fleet management, transportation sourcing, transportation business intelligence, transportation planning, rail transportation, workflow and event management, freight payment, billing and claims, document management and customs management.
The new software also supports key business processses, such as the freight tender process, order/shipment visbility, event management and access to transportation business intelligence on mobile devices.
The company said the new releases can help support business growth and market expansion by reducing transportation costs, increasing operational efficiency, improving customer service, decreasing supply chain lead times and mitigating supply chain/trade compliance risk.
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras