US: Oracle updates trade and transportation tools
Business software provider Oracle has released new versions of its Transportation Management and Global Trade Management tools to help shippers and logistics services providers streamline and enhance their processes.
The company said Oracle Transportation Management 6.3 and Oracle Global Trade Management 6.3 introduce a "broad set of market driven enhancements and new products that extend support for global transportation and trade compliance and customs processes".
The new releases include transportation and global trade management capabilities, including enhanced fleet management, transportation sourcing, transportation business intelligence, transportation planning, rail transportation, workflow and event management, freight payment, billing and claims, document management and customs management.
The new software also supports key business processses, such as the freight tender process, order/shipment visbility, event management and access to transportation business intelligence on mobile devices.
The company said the new releases can help support business growth and market expansion by reducing transportation costs, increasing operational efficiency, improving customer service, decreasing supply chain lead times and mitigating supply chain/trade compliance risk.
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- World cotton trade seen stable in 2015/16
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020