US: Orchestra-Premaman invests in ERP platform
Children's fashion designer Orchestra-Premaman Group has chosen Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software from Infor to align its business operations.
The group wanted to implement a centralised system for all activities including inventory management, procurement, business management, and accounting and financial management after acquiring Swiss childcare retail chain Babycare.
The Infor M3 solution is expected to be deployed in the second half of the year, for 150 users at two of the company's sites - one in France and another in Belgium - as well 12 users in different European subsidiaries.
"The goal is to optimise the management of incoming orders with the availability of the items in our central warehouse and inventories held by all of our sales channels to fulfill customer demand," said Eric Quivy, DSI Orchestra.
He adds that the automation supply module "perfectly meets the constraints of our childcare business, based on the purchase and resale of materials, and it works on short cycles, unlike those related to the manufacture of fashion clothing.
"With this module, we will now be able to guarantee the right timing in terms of booking and availability of inventory items for our customers, and this until the date of birth of their child."
A longer-term goal is to connect M3 to connect to the company's website. This will help "optimise the management of incoming orders with the availability of the items in our central warehouse and inventories held by all of our sales channels to fulfil customer demand."
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Clothing and cotton still on child labour list
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- M&S edit highlights ethically sourced fashion
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields