US: Orchestra-Premaman invests in ERP platform
Children's fashion designer Orchestra-Premaman Group has chosen Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software from Infor to align its business operations.
The group wanted to implement a centralised system for all activities including inventory management, procurement, business management, and accounting and financial management after acquiring Swiss childcare retail chain Babycare.
The Infor M3 solution is expected to be deployed in the second half of the year, for 150 users at two of the company's sites - one in France and another in Belgium - as well 12 users in different European subsidiaries.
"The goal is to optimise the management of incoming orders with the availability of the items in our central warehouse and inventories held by all of our sales channels to fulfill customer demand," said Eric Quivy, DSI Orchestra.
He adds that the automation supply module "perfectly meets the constraints of our childcare business, based on the purchase and resale of materials, and it works on short cycles, unlike those related to the manufacture of fashion clothing.
"With this module, we will now be able to guarantee the right timing in terms of booking and availability of inventory items for our customers, and this until the date of birth of their child."
A longer-term goal is to connect M3 to connect to the company's website. This will help "optimise the management of incoming orders with the availability of the items in our central warehouse and inventories held by all of our sales channels to fulfil customer demand."
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre