US: Orchestra-Premaman invests in ERP platform
Children's fashion designer Orchestra-Premaman Group has chosen Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software from Infor to align its business operations.
The group wanted to implement a centralised system for all activities including inventory management, procurement, business management, and accounting and financial management after acquiring Swiss childcare retail chain Babycare.
The Infor M3 solution is expected to be deployed in the second half of the year, for 150 users at two of the company's sites - one in France and another in Belgium - as well 12 users in different European subsidiaries.
"The goal is to optimise the management of incoming orders with the availability of the items in our central warehouse and inventories held by all of our sales channels to fulfill customer demand," said Eric Quivy, DSI Orchestra.
He adds that the automation supply module "perfectly meets the constraints of our childcare business, based on the purchase and resale of materials, and it works on short cycles, unlike those related to the manufacture of fashion clothing.
"With this module, we will now be able to guarantee the right timing in terms of booking and availability of inventory items for our customers, and this until the date of birth of their child."
A longer-term goal is to connect M3 to connect to the company's website. This will help "optimise the management of incoming orders with the availability of the items in our central warehouse and inventories held by all of our sales channels to fulfil customer demand."
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras