US: Orchestra-Premaman invests in ERP platform
Children's fashion designer Orchestra-Premaman Group has chosen Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software from Infor to align its business operations.
The group wanted to implement a centralised system for all activities including inventory management, procurement, business management, and accounting and financial management after acquiring Swiss childcare retail chain Babycare.
The Infor M3 solution is expected to be deployed in the second half of the year, for 150 users at two of the company's sites - one in France and another in Belgium - as well 12 users in different European subsidiaries.
"The goal is to optimise the management of incoming orders with the availability of the items in our central warehouse and inventories held by all of our sales channels to fulfill customer demand," said Eric Quivy, DSI Orchestra.
He adds that the automation supply module "perfectly meets the constraints of our childcare business, based on the purchase and resale of materials, and it works on short cycles, unlike those related to the manufacture of fashion clothing.
"With this module, we will now be able to guarantee the right timing in terms of booking and availability of inventory items for our customers, and this until the date of birth of their child."
A longer-term goal is to connect M3 to connect to the company's website. This will help "optimise the management of incoming orders with the availability of the items in our central warehouse and inventories held by all of our sales channels to fulfil customer demand."
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Philippines garment sector upbeat over EU GSP+
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead