US: Orchestra-Premaman invests in ERP platform
Children's fashion designer Orchestra-Premaman Group has chosen Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software from Infor to align its business operations.
The group wanted to implement a centralised system for all activities including inventory management, procurement, business management, and accounting and financial management after acquiring Swiss childcare retail chain Babycare.
The Infor M3 solution is expected to be deployed in the second half of the year, for 150 users at two of the company's sites - one in France and another in Belgium - as well 12 users in different European subsidiaries.
"The goal is to optimise the management of incoming orders with the availability of the items in our central warehouse and inventories held by all of our sales channels to fulfill customer demand," said Eric Quivy, DSI Orchestra.
He adds that the automation supply module "perfectly meets the constraints of our childcare business, based on the purchase and resale of materials, and it works on short cycles, unlike those related to the manufacture of fashion clothing.
"With this module, we will now be able to guarantee the right timing in terms of booking and availability of inventory items for our customers, and this until the date of birth of their child."
A longer-term goal is to connect M3 to connect to the company's website. This will help "optimise the management of incoming orders with the availability of the items in our central warehouse and inventories held by all of our sales channels to fulfil customer demand."
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis