JAPAN: Orders For Menswear Fabrics Down 5 Per Cent
Menswear fabric departments from 7 major integrated wool manufacturers (spinner/weavers) in Japan announced that menswear fabric orders for Autumn/Winter 2000/2001 were 5.5 per cent down on last year, the Woolmark Company reported yesterday (27 July). Only 2 out of 7 manufacturers received orders exceeding last year's levels and unit price as a whole has fallen by 5 to 10 per cent.Orders for pure wool fabrics decreased by around 10 per cent compared with a year earlier, while blend fabrics increased by 30 per cent. There was an increasing share of fine count yarn usage and high quality fabrics.Functional fabrics, such as machine washable, and natural stretch sold well. Sales of plain pure wool fabrics were stable, but patterned fabrics like micro checks/stripes are gradually shifting to China.A spokesperson for the group said that members are trying hard to maintain fabric prices.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020