JAPAN: Orders For Menswear Fabrics Down 5 Per Cent
Menswear fabric departments from 7 major integrated wool manufacturers (spinner/weavers) in Japan announced that menswear fabric orders for Autumn/Winter 2000/2001 were 5.5 per cent down on last year, the Woolmark Company reported yesterday (27 July). Only 2 out of 7 manufacturers received orders exceeding last year's levels and unit price as a whole has fallen by 5 to 10 per cent.Orders for pure wool fabrics decreased by around 10 per cent compared with a year earlier, while blend fabrics increased by 30 per cent. There was an increasing share of fine count yarn usage and high quality fabrics.Functional fabrics, such as machine washable, and natural stretch sold well. Sales of plain pure wool fabrics were stable, but patterned fabrics like micro checks/stripes are gradually shifting to China.A spokesperson for the group said that members are trying hard to maintain fabric prices.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack