JAPAN: Orders For Menswear Fabrics Down 5 Per Cent
Menswear fabric departments from 7 major integrated wool manufacturers (spinner/weavers) in Japan announced that menswear fabric orders for Autumn/Winter 2000/2001 were 5.5 per cent down on last year, the Woolmark Company reported yesterday (27 July). Only 2 out of 7 manufacturers received orders exceeding last year's levels and unit price as a whole has fallen by 5 to 10 per cent.Orders for pure wool fabrics decreased by around 10 per cent compared with a year earlier, while blend fabrics increased by 30 per cent. There was an increasing share of fine count yarn usage and high quality fabrics.Functional fabrics, such as machine washable, and natural stretch sold well. Sales of plain pure wool fabrics were stable, but patterned fabrics like micro checks/stripes are gradually shifting to China.A spokesperson for the group said that members are trying hard to maintain fabric prices.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US Q4 in brief – Chico's FAS, TJX Companies
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022