JAPAN: Orders For Menswear Fabrics Down 5 Per Cent
Menswear fabric departments from 7 major integrated wool manufacturers (spinner/weavers) in Japan announced that menswear fabric orders for Autumn/Winter 2000/2001 were 5.5 per cent down on last year, the Woolmark Company reported yesterday (27 July). Only 2 out of 7 manufacturers received orders exceeding last year's levels and unit price as a whole has fallen by 5 to 10 per cent.Orders for pure wool fabrics decreased by around 10 per cent compared with a year earlier, while blend fabrics increased by 30 per cent. There was an increasing share of fine count yarn usage and high quality fabrics.Functional fabrics, such as machine washable, and natural stretch sold well. Sales of plain pure wool fabrics were stable, but patterned fabrics like micro checks/stripes are gradually shifting to China.A spokesperson for the group said that members are trying hard to maintain fabric prices.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack