JAPAN: Orders For Menswear Fabrics Down 5 Per Cent
Menswear fabric departments from 7 major integrated wool manufacturers (spinner/weavers) in Japan announced that menswear fabric orders for Autumn/Winter 2000/2001 were 5.5 per cent down on last year, the Woolmark Company reported yesterday (27 July). Only 2 out of 7 manufacturers received orders exceeding last year's levels and unit price as a whole has fallen by 5 to 10 per cent.Orders for pure wool fabrics decreased by around 10 per cent compared with a year earlier, while blend fabrics increased by 30 per cent. There was an increasing share of fine count yarn usage and high quality fabrics.Functional fabrics, such as machine washable, and natural stretch sold well. Sales of plain pure wool fabrics were stable, but patterned fabrics like micro checks/stripes are gradually shifting to China.A spokesperson for the group said that members are trying hard to maintain fabric prices.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts