USA: Organic Fibre Directory To Be Published
The Organic Trade Association (OTA) is publishing the 'Organic Fibre Directory' as a comprehensive resource for locating sources of, and products containing, organic fibre. An updated and expanded edition of OTA's 'Organic Cotton Directory' published in 1998, the 'Organic Fibre Directory' lists companies handling organic cotton, flax, hemp, and wool. This latest directory contains listings and contact information for organic fibre growers, brokers, mills, manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers. More than 150 companies are listed in the directory offering a range of products including apparel, sportswear, undergarments, sleep wear, personal care items, bed and bath linens. The apparel and textile industries' use of organic cotton continues to stimulate demand for organic cotton both in the United States and overseas. In 1999, US farmers planted approximately 16,413 acres of organic cotton-a 75 per cent increase over 1998. Non-OTA members can order a copy of the directory for $25 plus $3 shipping and handling. The OTA member price is $15, plus $3 shipping and handling. Those outside the United States and Canada must pay international shipping and handling costs of $6 per directory. For more information, visit the company's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022