AUSTRALIA: Oroton Branches Out Into Fashion With Morrissey
Oroton International, the upmarket accessory company, has acquired fashion designer Peter Morrissey's retail and wholesale fashion business.The agreement is subject to a number of conditions, including an employment contract with Mr Morrissey, and is subject to the parties executing formal documentation on terms acceptable to Oroton, which is also the Australian licensee of Polo Ralph Lauren."I am thrilled because Oroton is a fantastic Australian company and it was important to me that a company came on board who understood the brand," said Morrissey.Mr Morrissey said he would retain creative control over the look of his label: "It will stay exactly the same, but I am looking forward to making it more accessible."Oroton, founded in 1938 and listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in 1987, is implementing several brand extension strategies which include the introduction of fashion accessories to compliment the existing range of leather goods. The company became the Australian licensee of Polo Ralph Lauren in 1997. The company operates 29 Oroton boutiques across Australia, New Zealand and the United States. Oroton has been available in the United States for several years through selected department stores, but is expanding in the US with several standalone Oroton outlets. This year, Oroton has opened stores in Los Angeles and South Carolina.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020