Japan: Outdoor Retailer REI Opens First International Store in Tokyo
Thomas Foley, U.S. Ambassador to Japan, summited a 45-foot tall rock climbing pinnacle today in the new REI Japan Tokyo Flagship Store to help launch the first international retail store of Washington state-based Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI). Foley waved to the assembled crowd from the pinnacle summit, then rappelled to its base, where he was presented with an ice axe signed by Jim Whittaker.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack