US: Outdoor specialist Berghaus to enter US in 2014
Outdoor performance clothing and footwear specialist Berghaus has confirmed plans to start trading in the US following a two-year trial in a small number of specialist stores.
Based in Portland, Oregon, Berghaus USA will operate as a subsidiary of the business and will begin by selling in a selection of products from the winter 2014 range to target retailers.
Walt Crate has been confirmed as president of the division, with Bo Johnson as VP sales and marketing. Both have many years of experience in representing a range of outdoor and sports brands and have a successful track record of introducing European based brands to the US.
Berghaus USA will start by selling products from the brand's most technical ranges, including Extrem, Mountain and the recently launched VapourLight collection.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022