GERMANY: Outlast Appoints New Product, Sales Manager
Outlast Europe GmbH, the developer of temperature-regulating materials, has appointed Frank de Vries as its new product and sales manager.
Based in Heidenheim, Germany, de Vries will be responsible for extending the phase-change materials' field of applications from apparel, shoes and bedding to industrial uses.
"One interesting approach is looking at housing insulation for warmth and energy efficiency", says de Vries. "Moreover we see a big potential in the field of furniture (upholstery, office chairs)."
De Vries previously worked at the plastic piping solutions producer, the Uponor Group, based in Ochtrup, Germany where he was export sales manager, outdoor sales.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
A new report on branded footwear from just-style predicts a bright future for the market. The report forecasts that branded footwear will increase in volume terms to just over 15 billion pairs by 2010...
Under the banners of 'Focusing on Innovation' and 'Face Your Visions - Discover the Future of Clothing,' the Techtextil and Avantex exhibitions and symposiums were held in tandem in Frankfurt earlier ...
Italian tanners are working hard to compete in an increasingly competitive international market. The latest Lineapelle showcased a wealth of attractive, colourful, richly detailed leathers for summer ...
After two years of research, Outlast Europe GmbH and UCO Sportswear NV, based in Gent, Belgium, have developed a range of denim fabrics with temperature regulating properties....
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022