US: Oxford Industries lowers Q4 & FY guidance
Oxford Industries, the owner of the Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer brands, has lowered its guidance for the fourth quarter and full-year.
In a trading update, the company said it expects adjusted earnings per share for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013 to be in a range of US$0.83-$0.88 on net sales of around $250m. This compares to previous guidance of $0.98-$1.13 on net sales of $255-$265m.
CEO Thomas Chubb said: "While we were able to generate strong top and bottom line year over year growth during the fourth quarter, results ultimately fell short of our expectations.
For the full year, EPS is expected to be in a range of $2.75-$2.80 on net sales of around $917m. This compares to previous guidance of $2.90-$3.05 on net sales of $922-$932m.
Despite the lower guidance, Chubb added: "We remain as confident as ever in our strategy and believe the investments we have made in 2013 and will continue to make in 2014 in our lifestyle brands will deliver long-term value to our shareholders."
For fiscal 2014, the company expects full-year net sales to grow between 7%-9%, and adjusted earnings per share to increase between 9% and 14%.
Oxford Industries, the owner of the Tommy Bahama brand, has moved to a loss in its third-quarter but offered a positive outlook for the remainder of the year despite the "difficult environment"....
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)