US: Oxford Industries lowers Q4 & FY guidance
Oxford Industries, the owner of the Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer brands, has lowered its guidance for the fourth quarter and full-year.
In a trading update, the company said it expects adjusted earnings per share for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2013 to be in a range of US$0.83-$0.88 on net sales of around $250m. This compares to previous guidance of $0.98-$1.13 on net sales of $255-$265m.
CEO Thomas Chubb said: "While we were able to generate strong top and bottom line year over year growth during the fourth quarter, results ultimately fell short of our expectations.
For the full year, EPS is expected to be in a range of $2.75-$2.80 on net sales of around $917m. This compares to previous guidance of $2.90-$3.05 on net sales of $922-$932m.
Despite the lower guidance, Chubb added: "We remain as confident as ever in our strategy and believe the investments we have made in 2013 and will continue to make in 2014 in our lifestyle brands will deliver long-term value to our shareholders."
For fiscal 2014, the company expects full-year net sales to grow between 7%-9%, and adjusted earnings per share to increase between 9% and 14%.
Oxford Industries, the owner of the Tommy Bahama brand, has moved to a loss in its third-quarter but offered a positive outlook for the remainder of the year despite the "difficult environment"....
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019