US: Oxford Industries Q1 profit cut by investments
- Q1 net profit down 24.3% to US$13.6m
- Net sales up 1.4% to $234.2m
- Increased investment behind Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer
Apparel group Oxford Industries recorded a cut in first quarter net profit, despite a slight increase in revenues, as the company invested in expanding its flagship brands.
Sales of the US company’s Tommy Bahama brand were up 7% to US$150.4m, while Lilly Pulitzer revenues rose 11% to $39.4m.
However, Lanier Clothes registered a 17% revenue decline to $27.3m, while Ben Sherman’s sales slumped 30% to $12.2m.
Gross margins increased by 130 basis points to 57.2%, driven by a change in the sales mix towards direct-to-consumer, but Oxford Industries increased its investments to expand its Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer businesses.
“We delivered excellent financial results, driven by strength at Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer,” said Thomas Chubb III, president and CEO.
“In addition, our commitment to growing long-term shareholder value is evident in the continuing investment we are making in these two businesses.”
The company expects to post full-year earnings per share of $3.00-3.15 on revenues of $930-940m.
Oxford Golf, a division of Oxford Industries, is to implement the WFX PLM (product lifecycle management) software for apparel product development....
Oxford Industries, the owner of the Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer brands has lowered its full-year guidance despite recording a strong second quarter performance. ...
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- AAFA urges Senate to modify Bangladesh provisions
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges