US: Oxford Industries Q1 profit cut by investments
- Q1 net profit down 24.3% to US$13.6m
- Net sales up 1.4% to $234.2m
- Increased investment behind Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer
Apparel group Oxford Industries recorded a cut in first quarter net profit, despite a slight increase in revenues, as the company invested in expanding its flagship brands.
Sales of the US company’s Tommy Bahama brand were up 7% to US$150.4m, while Lilly Pulitzer revenues rose 11% to $39.4m.
However, Lanier Clothes registered a 17% revenue decline to $27.3m, while Ben Sherman’s sales slumped 30% to $12.2m.
Gross margins increased by 130 basis points to 57.2%, driven by a change in the sales mix towards direct-to-consumer, but Oxford Industries increased its investments to expand its Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer businesses.
“We delivered excellent financial results, driven by strength at Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer,” said Thomas Chubb III, president and CEO.
“In addition, our commitment to growing long-term shareholder value is evident in the continuing investment we are making in these two businesses.”
The company expects to post full-year earnings per share of $3.00-3.15 on revenues of $930-940m.
Oxford Golf, a division of Oxford Industries, is to implement the WFX PLM (product lifecycle management) software for apparel product development....
Oxford Industries, the owner of the Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer brands has lowered its full-year guidance despite recording a strong second quarter performance. ...
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Central America must make better use of DR-CAFTA
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Is China really going through a slump?
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- BHS supplier Courtaulds Brands in administration
- Nike management changes to drive innovation
- Social responsibility key to winning millennials
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Victoria's Secret Stores, Inc.: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)
- Apparel Accessories in Hong Kong, China
- Practical Price Negotiation for Apparel Sourcing Professionals