US: Oxford Industries Q1 profit cut by investments
- Q1 net profit down 24.3% to US$13.6m
- Net sales up 1.4% to $234.2m
- Increased investment behind Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer
Apparel group Oxford Industries recorded a cut in first quarter net profit, despite a slight increase in revenues, as the company invested in expanding its flagship brands.
Sales of the US company’s Tommy Bahama brand were up 7% to US$150.4m, while Lilly Pulitzer revenues rose 11% to $39.4m.
However, Lanier Clothes registered a 17% revenue decline to $27.3m, while Ben Sherman’s sales slumped 30% to $12.2m.
Gross margins increased by 130 basis points to 57.2%, driven by a change in the sales mix towards direct-to-consumer, but Oxford Industries increased its investments to expand its Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer businesses.
“We delivered excellent financial results, driven by strength at Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer,” said Thomas Chubb III, president and CEO.
“In addition, our commitment to growing long-term shareholder value is evident in the continuing investment we are making in these two businesses.”
The company expects to post full-year earnings per share of $3.00-3.15 on revenues of $930-940m.
Oxford Golf, a division of Oxford Industries, is to implement the WFX PLM (product lifecycle management) software for apparel product development....
Oxford Industries, the owner of the Tommy Bahama and Lilly Pulitzer brands has lowered its full-year guidance despite recording a strong second quarter performance. ...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Fitness fashion propels Athleta towards $1bn sales
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Russia threatens ban on western apparel imports
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report