US: Oxylane selects FlexPLM for private-label lines
Sports equipment producer Oxylane Group, which until recently was known as Décathlon, has chosen PTC's FlexPLM to accelerate development of its private-label products.
The Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution will be used to optimise the development process, from product design through to supply, and will be deployed simultaneously in France and in the countries where its main suppliers are located.
This means that the head office at Villeneuve d'Ascq (north of France) will be linked up with the following sites: Quechua (mountain sports) in the Alps region, Tribord (water sports) at Hendaye and Geologic (hunting and fishing) at Cestas (near Bordeaux).
At the same time, the tool will be accessible to all production subsidiaries of Oxylane Group and its subcontractors in Europe, North Africa, Asia and South America.
The software should reduce the data entry process to a single operation, whereas in the past some data had to be entered seven or eight times and translated three times.
It will also improve collaboration between the design and development teams and the supply chain partners around the world; reduce design costs and lead times by cutting the number of prototypes required; and improve product quality.
In addition, FlexPLM will ultimately be used for designing sports shoes and bags bearing the Passion brand name.
The fast-fashion revolution is changing the face of the global apparel industry, which is struggling to meet the demands of an increasingly fickle clothing consumer. Enter product lifecycle management...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis