US: Oxylane selects FlexPLM for private-label lines
The Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution will be used to optimise the development process, from product design through to supply, and will be deployed simultaneously in France and in the countries where its main suppliers are located.
This means that the head office at Villeneuve d'Ascq (north of France) will be linked up with the following sites: Quechua (mountain sports) in the Alps region, Tribord (water sports) at Hendaye and Geologic (hunting and fishing) at Cestas (near Bordeaux).
At the same time, the tool will be accessible to all production subsidiaries of Oxylane Group and its subcontractors in Europe, North Africa, Asia and South America.
The software should reduce the data entry process to a single operation, whereas in the past some data had to be entered seven or eight times and translated three times.
It will also improve collaboration between the design and development teams and the supply chain partners around the world; reduce design costs and lead times by cutting the number of prototypes required; and improve product quality.
In addition, FlexPLM will ultimately be used for designing sports shoes and bags bearing the Passion brand name.
The fast-fashion revolution is changing the face of the global apparel industry, which is struggling to meet the demands of an increasingly fickle clothing consumer. Enter product lifecycle management...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Vietnam releases new textile dye regulations
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020