US: Oxylane selects FlexPLM for private-label lines
The Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solution will be used to optimise the development process, from product design through to supply, and will be deployed simultaneously in France and in the countries where its main suppliers are located.
This means that the head office at Villeneuve d'Ascq (north of France) will be linked up with the following sites: Quechua (mountain sports) in the Alps region, Tribord (water sports) at Hendaye and Geologic (hunting and fishing) at Cestas (near Bordeaux).
At the same time, the tool will be accessible to all production subsidiaries of Oxylane Group and its subcontractors in Europe, North Africa, Asia and South America.
The software should reduce the data entry process to a single operation, whereas in the past some data had to be entered seven or eight times and translated three times.
It will also improve collaboration between the design and development teams and the supply chain partners around the world; reduce design costs and lead times by cutting the number of prototypes required; and improve product quality.
In addition, FlexPLM will ultimately be used for designing sports shoes and bags bearing the Passion brand name.
The fast-fashion revolution is changing the face of the global apparel industry, which is struggling to meet the demands of an increasingly fickle clothing consumer. Enter product lifecycle management...
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead