AUSTRALIA: Pacific Brands Buys Underwear Firm TMI
Clothing, sportswear and homewares supplier Pacific Brands Ltd has bought underwear and sleepwear group TMI Australasia Pty Ltd (TMI).
The deal includes Disney, Hasbro/Dreamworks, Warner Brothers and Haven Licensing characters such as Mickey Mouse, Shrek and Barbie.
Pacific Brands' group general manager of underwear and hosiery, Stephen Audsley, said the acquisition takes the company back into the popular branded segment of the market.
Pacific Brands, which manufactures and markets key brands including Holeproof, Bonds, Berlei, Jockey, Kayser and Kolotex, has acquired all the staff, assets and intellectual property of Melbourne-based TMI.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022