NEW ZEALAND: Pacific Brands To Close Factory
Pacific Brands Apparel, a division of Pacific Dunlop Holdings (NZ), is closing its Porirua factory, with the loss of 58 jobs, due to tough international competition. Manufacturing is moving to Melbourne and warehousing, sales and marketing to Pacific Brand's New Zealand head office in Christchurch.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"