US: Pacific Sunwear extends deal on predictive tool
Action sports retailer Pacific Sunwear of California is extending its use of a software tool that helps it make faster and more accurate decisions on new product selection and pricing.
The predictive analytic solution from First Insight has already provided the retailer with "a level of speed, scalability and predictability," according to Craig Gosselin, SVP and general counsel of Pacific Sunwear.
The tool engages consumers through online social engagement tools to gather real-time data on new products. This data is then filtered through First Insight's predictive analytic models to determine which products present the greatest opportunity.
The goal is to reduce markdowns and mitigate risks associated with new product introductions by providing guidance on thousands of new products and designs.
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- Gap removes creative director Rebekka Bay
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead