US: Pacific Sunwear extends deal on predictive tool
Action sports retailer Pacific Sunwear of California is extending its use of a software tool that helps it make faster and more accurate decisions on new product selection and pricing.
The predictive analytic solution from First Insight has already provided the retailer with "a level of speed, scalability and predictability," according to Craig Gosselin, SVP and general counsel of Pacific Sunwear.
The tool engages consumers through online social engagement tools to gather real-time data on new products. This data is then filtered through First Insight's predictive analytic models to determine which products present the greatest opportunity.
The goal is to reduce markdowns and mitigate risks associated with new product introductions by providing guidance on thousands of new products and designs.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis