US: Pacific Sunwear extends deal on predictive tool
Action sports retailer Pacific Sunwear of California is extending its use of a software tool that helps it make faster and more accurate decisions on new product selection and pricing.
The predictive analytic solution from First Insight has already provided the retailer with "a level of speed, scalability and predictability," according to Craig Gosselin, SVP and general counsel of Pacific Sunwear.
The tool engages consumers through online social engagement tools to gather real-time data on new products. This data is then filtered through First Insight's predictive analytic models to determine which products present the greatest opportunity.
The goal is to reduce markdowns and mitigate risks associated with new product introductions by providing guidance on thousands of new products and designs.
- Where next for 3D design and prototyping?
- What Marks & Spencer's numbers mean for clothing
- Balance essential in garment supply chain
- Tanzania adds to Africa’s apparel sourcing mix
- Apparel buyers miss out on commodity cost savings
- Brandix named PVH ‘Global Supplier of the Year’
- Earthquake damage at Bangladesh garment factories
- Ascena Retail to buy Ann Taylor owner for $2bn
- AGOA delays drag on sourcing decisions
- China and India to exploit trade relationship