US: Pacific Sunwear taps Christine Lee for buying role
Pacific Sunwear of California
Casual apparel and footwear retailer Pacific Sunwear of California Inc has named Christine Lee as senior vice president and general merchandise manager of juniors' merchandising and design.
In her new role, she will lead all aspects of buying, design and merchandising for the juniors' apparel and accessories offered in the company's nearly 900 PacSun stores and through pacsun.com.
"Christine's expertise in fusing customer insight, fashion trends and brands will enable us to create excitement in our stores and a stronger connection to our female customers," said Gary Schoenfeld, president and chief executive officer.
He added: "Christine will be instrumental as we re-establish PacSun as a favourite destination for fashion, brands and California-inspired product."
Prior to Pacific Sunwear, Ms Lee spent nearly 20 years with specialty retail company Urban Outfitters, most recently as general merchandise manager of women's apparel and accessories, as well as Urban Renewal and Design.
In this role she drove merchandise trends, new concepts and key item decisions for a $300m business.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Teen retailer Pacific Sunwear of California has announced a wider first quarter loss amid declining sales....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022