USA: PacSun - Pacific Sunwear - Reports June Decrease
Pacific Sunwear of California Inc (Nasdaq:PSUN) Thursday reported sales of $52.3 million for the five-week period ended July 2, 2000, an increase of 32.5% over sales of $39.5 million for the comparable five-week period ended July 4, 1999. Company same-store sales decreased .1% for the period with PacSun same-store sales flat and d.e.m.o. same-store sales down 1.2%. "Top line sales increased nearly 33% but merchandise margins were lower from June a year ago as sales of summer seasonal merchandise continued to be slow and as the marketplace became highly promotional," stated Greg Weaver, chairman and CEO. "Sales in June in accessories and juniors (girls) continued at double-digit comps. We expect inventories of summer seasonal merchandise to be on plan at the end of July. In July, we begin back to school in several markets and launch the PacSun credit card in our stores nationwide. "We are pleased with our fall merchandise assortment and several changes made in our young men's pant programs. Based on June's results we expect second-quarter earnings to be in the range of $.23 - $.25 vs. $.23 in the second quarter last year," concluded Weaver. Total sales for the first five months (22 weeks) of fiscal 2000 were $201.2 million, an increase of 35.7% over sales of $148.3 million for the first five months (22 weeks) of fiscal 1999. Company same-store sales increased 3.9% for the first five months of fiscal 2000 with PacSun same-store sales up 3.8% and d.e.m.o. same-store sales up 7.1%. Pacific Sunwear is a leading specialty retailer of everyday casual apparel, accessories and footwear designed to meet the needs of active teens and young adults. The company currently operates 440 PacSun stores, 39 PacSun outlet stores and 57 d.e.m.o. stores for a total of 536 stores in 48 states. PacSun's Web site address is
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack