USA: PacSun Pays $4m To Settle Overtime Lawsuits
The Anaheim-based operator of more than 800 stores said the purported class actions allege that the company improperly classified certain California-based employees as "exempt" from overtime pay.
It will pay around $4 million to settle the suits and said although it continues to deny the allegations it "agreed to the settlement to avoid the cost, distraction and uncertainty associated with protracted litigation during the important summer and back-to-school selling seasons".
PacSun added the settlement is subject to court approval and will not have any material impact on results for the first quarter ending May 3, 2003.
The suit is one of many similar suits filed against retailers with operations in California under tough state labour laws.
Companies: Pacific Sunwear of California Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Outdoor sports lifestyle company Quiksilver has appointed three new members to its board of directors....
Specialty retailer Pacific Sunwear of California has enjoyed a 20 per cent third-quarter profit jump, boosted by good sales of surf-inspired lines and a higher gross margin....
Teens' and young adults' retailer Pacific Sunwear of California Inc has named Wendy Burden as chief operating officer....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' August sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Casual apparel retailer Pacific Sunwear of California Inc says its second-quarter 2005 net income increased 21 per cent, reflecting better sales and a rise in operating margin....
Casual apparel retailer Pacific Sunwear of California Inc has announced the retirement of president and chief merchandising officer Tim Harmon, and has also named Reenie Benziger to the position of ex...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Specialty retailer Pacific Sunwear of California Inc said tight management of inventory and expenses drove strong first-quarter earnings....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts