US: PacSun Q4 loss narrows as comps rise
- Q4 net loss US$22m, down from $22.2m
- Net sales down 1.9% to $218.6m
- Comparable store sales rise 2%
Action sports and lifestyle retailer Pacific Sunwear of California posted a marginally lower fourth quarter loss after maintaining recent increases in comparable store sales.
Net sales fell 1.9% in the three months to 1 February, but comps rose 2%, giving a slight rise in full-year net sales and a 2% annual comps increase – plus a slight reduction in full-year net loss, at $47m compared to $52.6m.
“We continue to be encouraged by our positive momentum within a challenging retail environment throughout the year, marked by eight straight quarters of positive comparable store sales, sustained gross margins, and reduced operating costs, all contributing to a significant improvement in our operating performance compared to fiscal 2012,” said Gary Schoenefeld, PacSun president and CEO.
Action sports and lifestyle retailer Pacific Sunwear of California has booked an increase in comparable sales for the holiday period and upped its fourth-quarter EPS guidance....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- US Q2 in brief - Sears, Burlington, Tilly's
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras