US: PacSun Q4 loss narrows as comps rise
- Q4 net loss US$22m, down from $22.2m
- Net sales down 1.9% to $218.6m
- Comparable store sales rise 2%
Action sports and lifestyle retailer Pacific Sunwear of California posted a marginally lower fourth quarter loss after maintaining recent increases in comparable store sales.
Net sales fell 1.9% in the three months to 1 February, but comps rose 2%, giving a slight rise in full-year net sales and a 2% annual comps increase – plus a slight reduction in full-year net loss, at $47m compared to $52.6m.
“We continue to be encouraged by our positive momentum within a challenging retail environment throughout the year, marked by eight straight quarters of positive comparable store sales, sustained gross margins, and reduced operating costs, all contributing to a significant improvement in our operating performance compared to fiscal 2012,” said Gary Schoenefeld, PacSun president and CEO.
Action sports and lifestyle retailer Pacific Sunwear of California has booked an increase in comparable sales for the holiday period and upped its fourth-quarter EPS guidance....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras