US: PacSun Q4 loss narrows as comps rise
- Q4 net loss US$22m, down from $22.2m
- Net sales down 1.9% to $218.6m
- Comparable store sales rise 2%
Action sports and lifestyle retailer Pacific Sunwear of California posted a marginally lower fourth quarter loss after maintaining recent increases in comparable store sales.
Net sales fell 1.9% in the three months to 1 February, but comps rose 2%, giving a slight rise in full-year net sales and a 2% annual comps increase – plus a slight reduction in full-year net loss, at $47m compared to $52.6m.
“We continue to be encouraged by our positive momentum within a challenging retail environment throughout the year, marked by eight straight quarters of positive comparable store sales, sustained gross margins, and reduced operating costs, all contributing to a significant improvement in our operating performance compared to fiscal 2012,” said Gary Schoenefeld, PacSun president and CEO.
Action sports and lifestyle retailer Pacific Sunwear of California has booked an increase in comparable sales for the holiday period and upped its fourth-quarter EPS guidance....
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Bangladesh still needs reforms to fix factories
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Improving traceability a key industry challenge
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- Inditex renews global trade union agreement
- UK apparel market realising real benefits of RFID