USA: PacSun Upgrades To Meru WLAN System
The upgrade is expected to manage increased demand for Wi-Fi data and wireless VoIP applications at the company.
While PacSun had been using SpectraLink's NetLink Wireless Telephone system with some success, it found that voice quality suffered as traffic increased on its wireless LAN infrastructure according to the company's vice-president of
information services Ron Ehlers.
PacSun also experienced call dropouts when staff roamed from room to room and into areas where a high density of employees were accessing data applications from their laptops, Ehlers said.
The problem, he said, was in the access points and their inability to support lossless handoff and provide over-the-air QoS to voice and data traffic at scale.
Following a test of the Meru WLAN System, PacSun noticed good voice quality even in places where many employees were using Wi-Fi for data applications.
"Meru's system worked flawlessly in our trials," Ehlers said.
"It's rare to find a new product that comes in one day and works just as advertised.
"Meru's Wireless LAN eliminated the voice quality problems while providing high throughput to data application users."
Ehlers added that the upgrade did not require any changes to the company's existing Ethernet infrastructure.
Companies: Pacific Sunwear of California Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Outdoor sports lifestyle company Quiksilver has appointed three new members to its board of directors....
Specialty retailer Pacific Sunwear of California has enjoyed a 20 per cent third-quarter profit jump, boosted by good sales of surf-inspired lines and a higher gross margin....
Teens' and young adults' retailer Pacific Sunwear of California Inc has named Wendy Burden as chief operating officer....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' August sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Casual apparel retailer Pacific Sunwear of California Inc says its second-quarter 2005 net income increased 21 per cent, reflecting better sales and a rise in operating margin....
Casual apparel retailer Pacific Sunwear of California Inc has announced the retirement of president and chief merchandising officer Tim Harmon, and has also named Reenie Benziger to the position of ex...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Specialty retailer Pacific Sunwear of California Inc said tight management of inventory and expenses drove strong first-quarter earnings....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Adidas raises the bar for North America sales
- Finding value in fashion retail reverse logistics
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- US Q4 in brief – Destination XL Group, Caleres
- PVH Corp to acquire e-commerce retailer True&Co
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective