USA: PacSun.com is First to Launch Pro Skateboarder Tony Hawk's Footwear Line
Pacific Sunwear (Nasdaq:PSUN) -- "Get it here first!" That's the message that PacSun.com is conveying to its legion of Generation Y customers with its worldwide online launch of the popular pro skateboarder's footwear line. PacSun.com will pre-register interested buyers online and will subsequently ship the shoes as soon as they become available in late June, prior to their availability at any other retail outlet. Consumers who pre-register online will receive a free Hawk T-shirt and skate video as a gift with their Hawk footwear purchase. "We are very excited to be first to launch the new Hawk shoes," said Glenn Wilk, director of E-commerce and Online Marketing. "We are very promotion-minded and are constantly seeking ways to bring new products and special offers to our online customers. Tony Hawk is an icon to our customers, who are very Internet savvy and comfortable with shopping online. It's a perfectly integrated promotion," Wilk added. "We're extremely happy to have PacSun.com bring our shoes to the market first," said Chris Miller, president of Hawk Shoes. "Our target customers are very familiar and comfortable with the PacSun brand, and PacSun.com can reach a large, national audience for us instantly. We immediately follow that up with the availability of our shoes in their 400-plus brick and mortar stores, and we are expecting an extremely successful launch," Miller added. To further promote the online launch, PacSun.com is holding a Tony Hawk contest with a Grand Prize of a trip to San Diego, to have lunch with Hawk, as well as receive a pair of Tony Hawk shoes, an autographed Birdhouse skateboard deck, a TSG skate helmet, a pair of Arnette sunglasses, and a copy of Activision's new Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 video game. Contestants can enter the contest by logging onto
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective