USA: PacSun.com is First to Launch Pro Skateboarder Tony Hawk's Footwear Line
Pacific Sunwear (Nasdaq:PSUN) -- "Get it here first!" That's the message that PacSun.com is conveying to its legion of Generation Y customers with its worldwide online launch of the popular pro skateboarder's footwear line. PacSun.com will pre-register interested buyers online and will subsequently ship the shoes as soon as they become available in late June, prior to their availability at any other retail outlet. Consumers who pre-register online will receive a free Hawk T-shirt and skate video as a gift with their Hawk footwear purchase. "We are very excited to be first to launch the new Hawk shoes," said Glenn Wilk, director of E-commerce and Online Marketing. "We are very promotion-minded and are constantly seeking ways to bring new products and special offers to our online customers. Tony Hawk is an icon to our customers, who are very Internet savvy and comfortable with shopping online. It's a perfectly integrated promotion," Wilk added. "We're extremely happy to have PacSun.com bring our shoes to the market first," said Chris Miller, president of Hawk Shoes. "Our target customers are very familiar and comfortable with the PacSun brand, and PacSun.com can reach a large, national audience for us instantly. We immediately follow that up with the availability of our shoes in their 400-plus brick and mortar stores, and we are expecting an extremely successful launch," Miller added. To further promote the online launch, PacSun.com is holding a Tony Hawk contest with a Grand Prize of a trip to San Diego, to have lunch with Hawk, as well as receive a pair of Tony Hawk shoes, an autographed Birdhouse skateboard deck, a TSG skate helmet, a pair of Arnette sunglasses, and a copy of Activision's new Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 video game. Contestants can enter the contest by logging onto
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022