FRANCE: Paris court accepts bid for thread firm DMC
A Paris commercial court has accepted a takeover bid from business rescue specialist Bernard Krief Consulting for French thread manufacturer DMC SA, which has been in administration for a number of months.
The takeover bid makes provision to preserve 245 out of 382 jobs in France and 86 jobs abroad.
In addition to thread-making, there also plans for the company to diversify into clothing and household textiles.
In August last year, Bernard Krief acquired DMC Tissus, the fabrics arm of the DMC group, in association with Pakistani textiles group Kohinoor.
By Stuart Todd.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020