US: Parkdale Mills embarks on $3m plant expansion
Yarn maker Parkdale Mills is to embark on a $3m expansion of its manufacturing plant in Edgefield County, South Carolina.
The investment will add new equipment to help increase capacity and is also expected to generate 16 new jobs.
The company expects to have the expansion completed by 1 May.
Parkdale is one of the largest yarn manufacturers in the world, operating 24 plants in four countries. It supplies spun yarns for the weaving, knitting and hosiery industries.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack