US: Partex Apparel wins US$1.1m in Gear for Sports lawsuit
El Salvador based manufacturer Partex Apparel International has been awarded US$1.1m, plus interest, from Gear for Sports which allegedly failed to pay for several shipments of sports apparel.
Sports apparel firm Gear for Sports is owned by HanesBrands.
The lawsuit was originally filed in the Southern District of Florida in 2010 because Partex maintains a corporate bank account in Miami. In July 2010, Gear for Sports requested and was granted permission to move the case to Kansas court. The ruling was announced on 28 March in Kansas district court.
Franklin Zemel, partner of law firm Arnstein & Lehr, received the judgement for Partex Apparel.
Unless you've been living on Mars or have been trapped under something heavy for the past year or so, you won't need telling about the cotton price hikes of recent times....
Top stories on just-style this week include a look at the challenges facing continued garment export growth in Bangladesh, the launch of Adidas' DryDye t-shirts and an interview with Fernando Capell...
Basic apparel maker Hanesbrands recorded a diminished profit in its second quarter despite a slight sales increase, as the company continued to be impacted by historic high cotton costs....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015