US: Partex Apparel wins US$1.1m in Gear for Sports lawsuit
El Salvador based manufacturer Partex Apparel International has been awarded US$1.1m, plus interest, from Gear for Sports which allegedly failed to pay for several shipments of sports apparel.
Sports apparel firm Gear for Sports is owned by HanesBrands.
The lawsuit was originally filed in the Southern District of Florida in 2010 because Partex maintains a corporate bank account in Miami. In July 2010, Gear for Sports requested and was granted permission to move the case to Kansas court. The ruling was announced on 28 March in Kansas district court.
Franklin Zemel, partner of law firm Arnstein & Lehr, received the judgement for Partex Apparel.
Unless you've been living on Mars or have been trapped under something heavy for the past year or so, you won't need telling about the cotton price hikes of recent times....
Top stories on just-style this week include a look at the challenges facing continued garment export growth in Bangladesh, the launch of Adidas' DryDye t-shirts and an interview with Fernando Capell...
Basic apparel maker Hanesbrands recorded a diminished profit in its second quarter despite a slight sales increase, as the company continued to be impacted by historic high cotton costs....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam