US: Partex Apparel wins US$1.1m in Gear for Sports lawsuit
El Salvador based manufacturer Partex Apparel International has been awarded US$1.1m, plus interest, from Gear for Sports which allegedly failed to pay for several shipments of sports apparel.
Sports apparel firm Gear for Sports is owned by HanesBrands.
The lawsuit was originally filed in the Southern District of Florida in 2010 because Partex maintains a corporate bank account in Miami. In July 2010, Gear for Sports requested and was granted permission to move the case to Kansas court. The ruling was announced on 28 March in Kansas district court.
Franklin Zemel, partner of law firm Arnstein & Lehr, received the judgement for Partex Apparel.
Unless you've been living on Mars or have been trapped under something heavy for the past year or so, you won't need telling about the cotton price hikes of recent times....
Top stories on just-style this week include a look at the challenges facing continued garment export growth in Bangladesh, the launch of Adidas' DryDye t-shirts and an interview with Fernando Capell...
Basic apparel maker Hanesbrands recorded a diminished profit in its second quarter despite a slight sales increase, as the company continued to be impacted by historic high cotton costs....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019