US: Partex Apparel wins US$1.1m in Gear for Sports lawsuit
El Salvador based manufacturer Partex Apparel International has been awarded US$1.1m, plus interest, from Gear for Sports which allegedly failed to pay for several shipments of sports apparel.
Sports apparel firm Gear for Sports is owned by HanesBrands.
The lawsuit was originally filed in the Southern District of Florida in 2010 because Partex maintains a corporate bank account in Miami. In July 2010, Gear for Sports requested and was granted permission to move the case to Kansas court. The ruling was announced on 28 March in Kansas district court.
Franklin Zemel, partner of law firm Arnstein & Lehr, received the judgement for Partex Apparel.
Unless you've been living on Mars or have been trapped under something heavy for the past year or so, you won't need telling about the cotton price hikes of recent times....
Top stories on just-style this week include a look at the challenges facing continued garment export growth in Bangladesh, the launch of Adidas' DryDye t-shirts and an interview with Fernando Capell...
Basic apparel maker Hanesbrands recorded a diminished profit in its second quarter despite a slight sales increase, as the company continued to be impacted by historic high cotton costs....
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Moisture Management Fabrics: Key to Wearer Comfort
- Global Apparel Markets: Product Developments and Innovations, 2nd Quarter 2014