NEPAL: Pashmina producers to get trade support
The International Trade Centre (ITC) is to help pashmina producers in Nepal to develop their products and market presence, including the use of a collective trademark.
The ITC, a joint agency of the World Trade Organization and the UN, said the Pashmina Enhancement and Trade Support (PETS) project aimed to provoke international interest in products made under the Chyangra Pashmina trademark by small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
The project has three aims: to support the Nepal Pashmina Industry Association (NPIA) in providing services to members; to enable the manufacturers to increase their exports; and to to encourage buyers to recognise the Chyangra Pashmina label as a niche luxury product.
The ITC would also provide training to goat farmers to integrate them into the value chain, as well as working with manufacturers to improve their design skills and helping them to grow their presence in existing markets, and to identify new ones.
“This initiative will not only help create a strong reputation for the country’s pashmina products, it will also open up new export opportunities for SMEs,” said ITC executive director Arancha González.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- ILO decent work in global supply chains criticised
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)