US: Patagonia invests in sustainable textile processor
Outdoor apparel business Patagonia has invested in sustainable textile processor CO2Nexus through its environmental $20 Million & Change fund.
CO2Nexus has developed a sustainable method of processing textiles and garments using liquid carbon dioxide, which Patagonia says uses no water, consuming less energy and generating very little waste.
The system, Tersus, involves 20-30-minute cycle times and requires no separate dryer, thus conserving energy.
Benefits over repeated washes, Patagonia said, include down loft enhancement, water repellency and colour/size/fit consistency.
“Quite simply, processing textiles and apparel requires huge amounts of energy and water – and both are in crisis,” said Patagonia CEO Rose Marcario.
“CO2Nexus is a great fit for $20 Million & Change – it’s a young company using business and innovation to bring about positive benefits to the environment.”
The $20 Million & Change fund was set up last year by Patagonia to help start-up companies provide environmental solutions.
Patagonia is a leading USA-based supplier of rugged technical apparel and accessories for a variety of outdoor pursuits, including mountain climbing, skiing, surfing and fishing. The company offers a ...
Apparel and textile companies must consider a variety of complex factors when looking to switch suppliers, especially to a new manufacturer. But software specifically geared towards the sector can hel...
This report provides an update of recent developments in corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the global textile and clothing industry in the following categories: certification systems; company s...
Outdoor apparel company Patagonia is working to achieve seamless inventory across all channels and geographic regions with the support of a new merchandise and assortment planning tool....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
As part of ongoing efforts to accelerate global growth, US clothing and footwear business Wolverine Worldwide has promoted company veteran James Zwiers to president of its International Group....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report