US: Patagonia invests in sustainable textile processor
Outdoor apparel business Patagonia has invested in sustainable textile processor CO2Nexus through its environmental $20 Million & Change fund.
CO2Nexus has developed a sustainable method of processing textiles and garments using liquid carbon dioxide, which Patagonia says uses no water, consuming less energy and generating very little waste.
The system, Tersus, involves 20-30-minute cycle times and requires no separate dryer, thus conserving energy.
Benefits over repeated washes, Patagonia said, include down loft enhancement, water repellency and colour/size/fit consistency.
“Quite simply, processing textiles and apparel requires huge amounts of energy and water – and both are in crisis,” said Patagonia CEO Rose Marcario.
“CO2Nexus is a great fit for $20 Million & Change – it’s a young company using business and innovation to bring about positive benefits to the environment.”
The $20 Million & Change fund was set up last year by Patagonia to help start-up companies provide environmental solutions.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: dyes and inkjet printing inks; environmentally friendly apparel; fabric treatments; new ...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: aerospace apparel; environmentally friendly fibres for performance apparel; fabrics for next-to-skin applications; fabrics for outdoor ...
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; company...
Outdoor wear specialist Patagonia has invested in Beyond Surface Technologies, a fast growing Swiss company developing textile treatments for outdoor apparel based on natural raw materials....
This report provides information, analysis and valuable insight on developments relating to the performance apparel industry in the following categories: acquisitions, divestments and mergers; corpora...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015