US: Patagonia invests in sustainable textile processor
Outdoor apparel business Patagonia has invested in sustainable textile processor CO2Nexus through its environmental $20 Million & Change fund.
CO2Nexus has developed a sustainable method of processing textiles and garments using liquid carbon dioxide, which Patagonia says uses no water, consuming less energy and generating very little waste.
The system, Tersus, involves 20-30-minute cycle times and requires no separate dryer, thus conserving energy.
Benefits over repeated washes, Patagonia said, include down loft enhancement, water repellency and colour/size/fit consistency.
“Quite simply, processing textiles and apparel requires huge amounts of energy and water – and both are in crisis,” said Patagonia CEO Rose Marcario.
“CO2Nexus is a great fit for $20 Million & Change – it’s a young company using business and innovation to bring about positive benefits to the environment.”
The $20 Million & Change fund was set up last year by Patagonia to help start-up companies provide environmental solutions.
Companies: Patagonia Inc
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
This report analyses some of the latest developments and innovations in the global apparel industry, including: dyes and inkjet printing inks; environmentally friendly apparel; fabric treatments; new ...
This report provides information on the latest developments in: aerospace apparel; environmentally friendly fibres for performance apparel; fabrics for next-to-skin applications; fabrics for outdoor ...
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020