US: Patagonia unveils $700 parka
Outdoor apparel specialist Patagonia has launched a limited edition parka – claimed as “the first of its kind” and retailing at US$699.
Describing the Encapsil Down Belay Parka as “an extraordinary work of design and engineering”, Patagonia said it was 100% independently baffled and differentially cut without any sewn-through seams which could leave cold spots.
The parka weighs 18oz (510g) and is insulated with Patagonia’s plasma-treated, water-repellent Encapsil 1,000-fill-power down.
Company vice president of advanced research and development Randy Harward said the product had been five years in R&D, and the company was eager to use the technology in future styles.
The parka will be sold through Patagonia’s website and in its stores in Boulder and NYC Meatpacking.
The concept of closed loop supply chains sounds a laudable, if possibly Utopian ideal: a virtuous circle of production from cradle to grave and back to cradle again. However, the reality is proving ha...
Patagonia is a leading USA-based supplier of rugged technical apparel and accessories for a variety of outdoor pursuits, including mountain climbing, skiing, surfing and fishing. The company offers a ...
Environmental concerns focus on a range of pollutants in that water, from pesticides on cotton fields to dust storms caused by overgrazing in Inner Mongolia by cashmere goats....
This report provides an update of recent developments in corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the global textile and clothing industry in the following categories: certification systems; company s...
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- Rana Plaza two years on: Challenges and concerns
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Orta and Garmon launch denim chemical screening
- Gap’s woes “not so easy to fix”
- Authentic Brands acquires Jones New York