US: Patagonia unveils $700 parka
Outdoor apparel specialist Patagonia has launched a limited edition parka – claimed as “the first of its kind” and retailing at US$699.
Describing the Encapsil Down Belay Parka as “an extraordinary work of design and engineering”, Patagonia said it was 100% independently baffled and differentially cut without any sewn-through seams which could leave cold spots.
The parka weighs 18oz (510g) and is insulated with Patagonia’s plasma-treated, water-repellent Encapsil 1,000-fill-power down.
Company vice president of advanced research and development Randy Harward said the product had been five years in R&D, and the company was eager to use the technology in future styles.
The parka will be sold through Patagonia’s website and in its stores in Boulder and NYC Meatpacking.
The concept of closed loop supply chains sounds a laudable, if possibly Utopian ideal: a virtuous circle of production from cradle to grave and back to cradle again. However, the reality is proving ha...
Patagonia is a leading USA-based supplier of rugged technical apparel and accessories for a variety of outdoor pursuits, including mountain climbing, skiing, surfing and fishing. The company offers a ...
Environmental concerns focus on a range of pollutants in that water, from pesticides on cotton fields to dust storms caused by overgrazing in Inner Mongolia by cashmere goats....
The growing interest in nature and outdoor activities coupled with an increased awareness of the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle has raised the profile of the performance outdoor apparel...
Water sports apparel is designed to keep the wearer warm while he or she participates in underwater and surface water sports and recreational activities -- such as diving, snorkelling, sailing and sur...
Since its introduction in the country three years ago, the International Labor Organization's (ILO) Better Work programme has been credited with helping elevate Nicaragua as an ethical sourcing locati...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Apparel industry not immune from Russia tensions
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Cotton prices set to slip on China policy change
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey