US: Patagonia unveils $700 parka
Outdoor apparel specialist Patagonia has launched a limited edition parka – claimed as “the first of its kind” and retailing at US$699.
Describing the Encapsil Down Belay Parka as “an extraordinary work of design and engineering”, Patagonia said it was 100% independently baffled and differentially cut without any sewn-through seams which could leave cold spots.
The parka weighs 18oz (510g) and is insulated with Patagonia’s plasma-treated, water-repellent Encapsil 1,000-fill-power down.
Company vice president of advanced research and development Randy Harward said the product had been five years in R&D, and the company was eager to use the technology in future styles.
The parka will be sold through Patagonia’s website and in its stores in Boulder and NYC Meatpacking.
The concept of closed loop supply chains sounds a laudable, if possibly Utopian ideal: a virtuous circle of production from cradle to grave and back to cradle again. However, the reality is proving ha...
Environmental concerns focus on a range of pollutants in that water, from pesticides on cotton fields to dust storms caused by overgrazing in Inner Mongolia by cashmere goats....
Since its introduction in the country three years ago, the International Labor Organization's (ILO) Better Work programme has been credited with helping elevate Nicaragua as an ethical sourcing locati...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015