USA: Patterns, Designs And Spec Sheets On-Line
All too often, contractors and their customers waste time by poorly communicating the details and status of product development. And they lose money on volume overnight mail, repeated samples, long faxes, e-mails and late nights. Which is where www.usawear.org comes to the rescue, as a service that provides users with help in pattern creation, pattern grading, sample production and the creation of a standard sourcing spec sheet.
Many major brands are not automated when it comes to creating spec sheets", says AAPNetwork's Mike Todaro, "they use 'white out' instead of PCs. We've received 30 page faxes with specs, sketches and descriptions from name brand manufacturers. What AAPN is offering is a fast, low cost way for those sourcing to use a detailed standard sourcing spec sheet which can be transmitted over the Internet.
"We have 20 years' experience sourcing, 6 of these on-line. By working with several of our members, we developed and agreed upon a standard spec sheet that captures all of the data, dates and description of a style. Using the Internet to share this sheet and post changes to it eliminates finger pointing, surprises and delay."
Users of AAPNetwork sourcing can contact AAPNetwork directly to start the process of creating their own unique spec sheet by style. This will then be broadcast by e-mail to AAPNetwork members who make the garment being sourced. Use of this standard spec sheet will continue to increase the value add of the AAPNetwork to members.
For 20 years, AAPNetwork has built a community of producers of sewn goods and their suppliers in the US and Canada who believe in the power of networking. The American Apparel Producers' Network is a non-profit trade association for sourcing of designs, fabric, trim, supplies and makers of apparel and sewn products. Members represent over $2 billion is production capacity. AAPNetwork offers free e-mail broadcasts to source apparel production. Visit www.usawear.org.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Guatemala's proximity to the United States is being hailed as a key to the survival of the region's apparel industry. But its ability to deliver on the speed-to-market promise depends on more than loc...
An insight into design and product development, balanced sourcing, China, branding, and CAFTA were just some of the topics thrown into the mix at this year's AAPN annual meeting....
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar