INDIA: Paxar Forms Paxar India Pvt Out Of JV
Merchandising system provider Paxar Corporation has formed Paxar India Pvt by buying the remaining 50 per cent of a joint venture located in Bangalore, India.
The company is a full service provider of apparel identification products, including woven, printed and bar code labels, and merchandising tags for retailers and apparel manufacturing customers in India.
Paxar India's facilities also include service bureau operations, in addition to sales and marketing. In 2004, the business generated approximately $10 million in sales.
Rob van der Merwe, President and Chief Executive Officer of Paxar, stated: "We believe the growth opportunities in India are substantial.
"We look forward to servicing our customers sourcing in India by being close at hand to support them as their business needs dictate."
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020