USA: Paxar Launches D2Comm Software
Paxar Corporation (NYSE: PXR) announced today the completion of its first major D2Comm (Data Distribution and Communications) software installation involving over 50 sites in eight countries. This installation is for a major US apparel manufacturer. D2Comm is a web-enabled data management software solution that provides retailers and manufacturers with the capability to centrally manage the database for printing price tickets and care labels. This global solution facilitates quick response, ensures data integrity, allows for automated data entry and precludes the need for extensive on-site training.Victor Hershaft, president of Paxar's Apparel Identification business,said: "The development of D2Comm typifies Paxar's commitment to innovative solutions designed to enhance the value we deliver to our customers. Data management is a critical adjunct to the physical products that we have traditionally supplied. We see ourselves as solutions providers whether the problem is global control of data, quality control of label aesthetics or counterfeit and theft deterrence."Paxar currently has D2Comm installations in process for a number of its larger customers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack