USA: Paxar Launches D2Comm Software
Paxar Corporation (NYSE: PXR) announced today the completion of its first major D2Comm (Data Distribution and Communications) software installation involving over 50 sites in eight countries. This installation is for a major US apparel manufacturer. D2Comm is a web-enabled data management software solution that provides retailers and manufacturers with the capability to centrally manage the database for printing price tickets and care labels. This global solution facilitates quick response, ensures data integrity, allows for automated data entry and precludes the need for extensive on-site training.Victor Hershaft, president of Paxar's Apparel Identification business,said: "The development of D2Comm typifies Paxar's commitment to innovative solutions designed to enhance the value we deliver to our customers. Data management is a critical adjunct to the physical products that we have traditionally supplied. We see ourselves as solutions providers whether the problem is global control of data, quality control of label aesthetics or counterfeit and theft deterrence."Paxar currently has D2Comm installations in process for a number of its larger customers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022