USA: Paxar Launches D2Comm Software
Paxar Corporation (NYSE: PXR) announced today the completion of its first major D2Comm (Data Distribution and Communications) software installation involving over 50 sites in eight countries. This installation is for a major US apparel manufacturer. D2Comm is a web-enabled data management software solution that provides retailers and manufacturers with the capability to centrally manage the database for printing price tickets and care labels. This global solution facilitates quick response, ensures data integrity, allows for automated data entry and precludes the need for extensive on-site training.Victor Hershaft, president of Paxar's Apparel Identification business,said: "The development of D2Comm typifies Paxar's commitment to innovative solutions designed to enhance the value we deliver to our customers. Data management is a critical adjunct to the physical products that we have traditionally supplied. We see ourselves as solutions providers whether the problem is global control of data, quality control of label aesthetics or counterfeit and theft deterrence."Paxar currently has D2Comm installations in process for a number of its larger customers.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020