USA: Payless Hit With Winter Boot Lawsuit By Genfoot
Leading footwear chain Payless ShoeSource Inc has been hit with a lawsuit by Genfoot Inc which claims it infringed a patent for winter boots with tops closed by a drawstring loop and slide lock. The Canadian firm, which uses the brand name Kamik, claims in a lawsuit filed in Delaware Payless is stocking boots with a "squeeze-type fastener" similar to a 2001 US patent owned by Genfoot.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022