US: Payless Holdings names Jones as CEO
Jones was most recently chairman, president and CEO of Shopko Stores. He will join the company on 22 October.
Previously he was vice president of general merchandising at Sears, and was SVP of Kohl's Department Stores.
Until Monday, Payless ShoeSource and Collective Licensing International were part of Collective Brands. The US$2bn deal saw a consortium of Golden Gate Captial and Blum Capital take over the group's Payless ShoeSource and Collective Licensing International operations, while Wolverine Worldwide acquired Collective Brands' Performance + Lifestyle Group.
"Paul is a proven CEO in the value retailing industry and a seasoned merchant leader with a deep understanding of budget-conscious consumer habits and trends," said Golden Gate Capital managing director John Olshansky.
"His merchandise savvy, demonstrated track record of increasing profitability and passion for the value retail segment make him the ideal person to lead Payless Holdings and maximize its future potential."
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has swung to a fourth-quarter loss on the back of costs related to its acquisition of Collective Brands' Performance & Lifestyle Group last year....
Footwear chain Payless ShoeSource is laying off some 45 employees at its headquarters in Topeka and eliminating 97 open positions as part of ongoing restructuring efforts....
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has today (8 January) outlined a number of organisational changes designed to help drive global growth following its acquisition of Collective Brands' Performance & ...
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report