US: Payless Holdings names Jones as CEO
Jones was most recently chairman, president and CEO of Shopko Stores. He will join the company on 22 October.
Previously he was vice president of general merchandising at Sears, and was SVP of Kohl's Department Stores.
Until Monday, Payless ShoeSource and Collective Licensing International were part of Collective Brands. The US$2bn deal saw a consortium of Golden Gate Captial and Blum Capital take over the group's Payless ShoeSource and Collective Licensing International operations, while Wolverine Worldwide acquired Collective Brands' Performance + Lifestyle Group.
"Paul is a proven CEO in the value retailing industry and a seasoned merchant leader with a deep understanding of budget-conscious consumer habits and trends," said Golden Gate Capital managing director John Olshansky.
"His merchandise savvy, demonstrated track record of increasing profitability and passion for the value retail segment make him the ideal person to lead Payless Holdings and maximize its future potential."
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has swung to a fourth-quarter loss on the back of costs related to its acquisition of Collective Brands' Performance & Lifestyle Group last year....
Footwear chain Payless ShoeSource is laying off some 45 employees at its headquarters in Topeka and eliminating 97 open positions as part of ongoing restructuring efforts....
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has today (8 January) outlined a number of organisational changes designed to help drive global growth following its acquisition of Collective Brands' Performance & ...
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Why synthetic fibres are a safe bet for the future
- Brexit may hit suppliers with UK duty-free access
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- New US tariff classifications impact woven apparel
- H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
- US strengthens cooperation with East Africa